Post pobrano z: Don’t cry it’s not that bad / Pas de quoi verser une larme?
Post pobrano z: Free Vector Chart Icons (Vol.2)
Few weeks ago, a post at WRD was sharing the "Free Vector Chart Icons" that included pie, column, line, area charts & a meter.
As there are very few free chart icons on the web, the creative team at IconShock improved the set with 5 more icons.
The set contains doughnut, organization, radar charts, a thermometer & data analysis icons.
It is totally free to use them in both personal & commercial projects.
P.S. The icons can not be distributed on any other media. Please link to this page if you share it on your website, thanks for that.
- Simple And Nice Icon Set: Simplicio
- Free Weather Icons Collection
- Free Vector Chart Icons
- E-Commerce Icons Collection
- 15 Free Sticker-Like Icons: Origami Icon Set
Post pobrano z: Mets de la creme
Post pobrano z: Rubber Design
Post pobrano z: a piece of peace
Post pobrano z: Kitchen. Label
Post pobrano z: Detect Mobile Browsers Using Any Language
Detect Mobile Browser is an open source project for easily understanding whether a visitor of a website is using a mobile browser or not.
The website also has a simple forwarding function which you can create a link like:
and the user will be redirected to "a.com" or "b.com" depending on the browser type used.
- How To Detect Mobile Browsers With PHP?
- Share And Find Codes You Need With Snipplr
- Convert HTML To ASP, PHP Or JSP
- How To Create An API? (10 Tutorials)
- Free Flash Charts From FusionCharts
So I have been thinking about a blog redesign for a little while. I am not really happy with the current design so I have been keeping my eye on things that I like and how I can incorporate it into my design.
One of the things that has been catching my eye was the descriptive […]
Czytaj dalszą część postu
Post pobrano z: Site-Specific Browsers: Turn Websites Into Desktop Applications
For a web application, It is always a good idea to provide access to it from other platforms like mobile or desktop programs.
As web designers/developers, desktop applications are harder to create considering they have a totally different environment.
In order to fill this gap, we can make use of site-specific browsers which enable us to lock a website inside an application-looking browser that can interact with the system tray/dock & display notifications.
Some usage examples for site-specific browsers:
- displaying new orders, support tickets for an e-commerce website
- showing system tray alerts when a new visitor visits your website
- or even locking your whole application inside a site-specific browser and offering it as a desktop application.
To sum up, they simply help us convert a website into a desktop application. Here are free & mature tools for creating site-specific browsers:
Mozilla Prism (Win-Mac)
Prism is a very easy-to-customize tool that supports Windows & Mac.
Applications created can be:
- minimized to system tray/dock & a navigation can be added there
- set to display status messages & popups in the system tray/dock
Prism apps. will be running seperately from the browser & will stay alive even if the browser isn't.
P.S. You can also read a more detailed post about Prism at WRD.
Fluid enables you to create Cocoa desktop applications with:
- dock icon
- standard menu bar
- growl notifications
- Userscripting (Greasemonkey)
- & more..
An application platform for creating site-specific browsers which supports:
- system tray icon & context menu
- drap'n drop of local files
- & more..
Mango can create a website-to-application instantly with features like:
- custom tray & context menu
- minimize to tray
- always on top
- kiosk mode
- fixed width/height
- & more..
All application settings are kept in a XML file which can be used for further customization.
Other Site-Specific Browser Methods:
- Curl offers EmbeddedBrowserGraphic to accomplish this functionality.
- Using Adobe AIR, it is possible to create site-specific browsers (a simple example).
- Site-specific browsers with WebKit.
There are also other ways of creating desktop applications with web scripting technologies like:
- Wapache: Apache server & IE bundled to create portable dynamic apps.
- Roadsend PHP: a platform for converting PHP apps into EXE files. (see WRD post)
- Paymo: Full-Featured Time Tracking & Invoicing (20 Lifetime Invoice Accounts Giveaway)
- Fanurio Time Tracking & Billing Software Giveaway – Winners Announced
- Fanurio Time Tracking & Billing Software – 5 Licenses Giveaway
- Convert Web Apps. To Desktop Apps.: Prism
- Automated Browser Refresher For Developing Easier: XRefresh