Post pobrano z: 28 Muscle & Fitness Logos
Just got back from the gym and thought I’d throw together a collection of muscle and fitness logos for your inspiration! But first, here’s 10 quick facts about muscles:
- Muscles make up about 40% of total body weight.
- If all of the muscles in the body could all pull in one direction, it would create a force of 25 tons!
- Humans are born with all of the muscle fibers they will ever have. They don’t grow new fibers, they just grow thicker.
- Some of the biggest muscles are in the back, near the spine. They are responsible for keeping the body upright and gives the body the power it needs to lift and push things.
- In the digestive system, the smooth muscles tighten up and relax, moving food through the body.
- Smooth muscles are even found in the eyes, where they help keep the eyes focused, and help control the amount of light that enters the eye.
- The skeletal muscles, which are the ones that can be controlled by conscious thought, work with the skeleton, or the bones, to move the body. They attach to the skeleton with tendons, which are cords of tough tissue.
- Smiling takes 17 muscles in the face, while frowning takes 43!
- The heart is made up of muscle, called cardiac muscle. This muscle works all by itself with no thought. The heart beats anywhere from 60 to 100 times a minute, every minute, of every day in a human life!
- The strongest muscles in the body? Pound for pound, it’s the muscles that you chew with – called the masseters!
[Source: Soft Schools]
Credit to respective artists.